European Alternatives is looking for an intern that can work with us supporting our communications activities and learning how to work transnationally with a multidisciplinary team.
Our projects are carried out across Europe often in partnership with other organisations and our members in Europe and the rest of the world.
Key main projects we have on going and in which you will be involved are:
- Citizens Take Over Europe
- Assemblies of Solidarity
- Room to Bloom
- Trust beyond borders
- Workers Without Borders
- And more!
To support our team, we are looking for an Intern for 6 months to further develop specifically the visibility of Citizens Takeover Europe and the Assemblies of Solidarity. Main tasks include:
- Video editing of training sessions recorded online
- Developing simple graphic designs on Canva, respecting the branding guidelines of the organisation and of our projects
- Social media management: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. Posting daily on these channels, following a timeline that you have developed yourself and using engaging content such as visuals, reels, short videos, relevant hashtags etc. Be creative!
- Updating websites on occasion (wordpress management)
- Writing press releases, articles and blurbs
- Supporting the team in daily tasks: logistics, bookings etc.
- Coordinating translations with volunteer and professional translators
- Writing and sending newsletters to different audiences (Mailchimp management)
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send us in one single document: a one-page CV and a one-page maximum motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the heading: Intern Autumn 2021.
Deadline for applications: October 10th at midnight.
Interviews will be conducted online in the following week.
This internship is based in Brussels and you’ll get to work with our colleague Ophélie Masson.
The internship contract will be registered in France, but you can be a registered student in a university from anywhere in Europe. It is a tripartite contract (ie. signed by you, European Alternatives and your university)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Are based in Brussels
- are fluent in English (working proficiency)
- are comfortable using social media
- can do video editing OR willing to learn
- are a strong team player and creative communicator who takes initiative and wants to bring in new ideas
- have a strong interest for engaging new and young audiences from diverse backgrounds
- want to stand up against discriminations of all forms and share our belief of participative democracy, equality and culture across borders
It is a big plus if you have some experience in one or more of the following areas: project coordination, event organisation, journalism, social media and website management.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 600€ per month.
- Working with an international team spread around various countries.
- Opportunity to learn and improve your technical skills in Digital Communications.
We are particularly committed to hiring people from racial and ethnic minorities, people from LGBTQI+ communities, people with disabilities and people who identify with disadvantaged economic classes. If you don’t identify as one of these groups, we still want you to apply – but if you know of an awesome person who does, encourage them to apply as well!
We look forward to reading your application!