European Alternatives is a transnational citizens’ organisation active throughout Europe to promote democracy, equality and culture beyond the nation state.
We are looking for a dynamic, forwards-looking and professional head of administration and finance for our London office to support and develop our activities throughout Europe.
Reporting directly to the presidents of European Alternatives, the head of administration and finance will have as main responsibilities:
- Maintaining the purchase ledger and making timely payments
- Maintaining the nominal ledger and reconciliation
- Maintaining payroll and administering expenses claims
- Helping with the preparation of annual accounts, and some company secretarial duties
- Providing monthly management accounts and project budgeting
- Maintaining accurate and systematic filing of invoices and receipts.
- Providing administrative support to project managers
- Ensuring reporting duties are met and ensure that all staff members maintain accurate records of expenses and income
- Preparing some project applications
The candidate will
- Have demonstrable experience in finance and administration for a small company, NGO or similar in the UK
- Have training in finance and accounting (ACCA or similar)
- Have high degree of computer literacy and excel use in particular
- Be committed to the objectives of European Alternatives
Ideally the candidate will also have
- Experience with EU funding
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- Motivation for participating in the organisation of events and campaigns, and the broader life of the organisation.
Salary: £22000 – £25000 p.a
This post could be part-time or full time and it would be possible to work outside of London in the UK
Start date: July 2012
Deadline for applications 15 June 2012
To apply send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selected applicants will be invited to interview and a test.