Job Opening: Online Campaign Manager
Application Deadline: September 22nd, 2013
Start-date: October / November, depending on availability
Location: Rome, Italy
Remuneration: based on experience, indicative range €1,500 – €1,800 NET per month plus benefits
European Alternatives is launching a European Citizens Initiative on Media Pluralism, leading an ambitious campaign until August 2014 to collect one million online and offline signatures to initiate legislation on progressive media reform in the European Union.
The campaign will be organised around a central European coordination, based in Rome, and individual coalitions in countries participating in the campaign (UK, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and possibly more). It will consist of coordinated offline and online action across all participating countries.
More information on the campaign website.
European Alternatives is a fast-paced and innovative organisation active throughout Europe to promote European democracy and the emergence of transnational movements and campaigns. The organisation works from offices in Rome, Paris, and Berlin, and has local groups and volunteers in 14 countries.
We are looking for an experienced Online Campaign Manager to lead and coordinate our campaigning over the next twelve months. The Online Manager will be responsible for devising a comprehensive online campaigning strategy to rally and organize relevant groups, organisations and e-activists. We have an ambitious target of 90,000 online signatures per month.
– The Online campaign manager sets out and implements a pan-European online communication and campaigning strategy
– S/he helps manage activism databases, craft and send emails, drive traffic to the web site, utilise online networking and new media resources, and develops a strong online community.
– S/he will be in regular contact with national coalitions across Europe, informing and guiding their online campaigning.
– S/he manages constituent lists, segments and targets communications, tracks and analyses response rates, evaluates impact, and works in a team approach to learn from and build off of each online initiative.
– S/he implements outreach and engagement with online social networks, bloggers and other communities.
– S/he manage communications with e-activists and coordinate electronic responses from e-activists and the public. Including writing email alerts, outreach materials and other web content and graphics for campaigns and general organizational outreach.
The Online Campaign Manager will work in the central campaign office in Rome, together with the Campaign Spokespersons, the Campaign Coordinator, and a graphic team. Frequent travel around Europe is foreseen as an integral part of this job.
Profile of candidate
We are looking for a skilled professional able to quickly take up a role of responsibility and to guide the campaign to success.
– You will have relevant professional experience, including management of other people.
– You will be a creative user of online campaigning software, including mailing lists segmentation and management, organisation of databases and management of CRM systems (we currently use CiviCRM)
– Familiarity with Wordpress, Drupal, HTML, CSS, image editing and basic Web and graphic design strongly preferred; capacity for more advanced technical skills is a plus.
– Experience with online and/or offline grassroots organising desired
-You will have full English fluency, with additional languages a strong asset
One-year contract under Italian law, with the possibility of being renewed after the first year
Pay based on experience, indicative range €1,500 – €1,800 NET per month plus benefits. Depending on situation, benefits include bonus upon leaving (tfr), generous holiday allowance and flexibility, smartphone contract and lunch vouchers.
How to apply
European Alternatives is an equal opportunities employer and follows a transparent procedure for all its selections.
Please send a CV and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant experience for this job and why you would excel at it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on 22nd September, 2013. Please include “Online Campaign Manager” in the subject field and include all documents as either PDF or Word attachments.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by late September / early October for an interview and a simple test.
While we strive to respond to all applications received, if you don’t hear back from us by mid-October you may assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.