Job vacancy: Head of office, Cluj Napoca
European Alternatives is recruiting a head of office for our growing office in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
European Alternatives has been active in Cluj for over two years, and is looking to develop its activities throughout Eastern and South Eastern Europe with the Cluj office taking a lead role.
The head of office will be someone with a strong and demonstrable commitment to European Alternatives values and mission of promoting democracy, equality and culture beyond the nation state. She or he will need to show experience in working internationally and project management and administration, ambition and vision to develop the organisation and spread its activities throughout the region.
The post will require regular travel to attend meetings of our organisation throughout Europe.
The main responsibilities of the head of office will include:
– Working with local groups throughout Romania to develop a strong and highly active network of members of European Alternatives
– Overseeing and managing the operations of European Alternatives in the Cluj office, including project management, overseeing administration
– Defining and implementing, in dialogue with the board of European Alternatives, a strategic plan for the development of the organisation throughout Romania and East and South Eastern Europe
– Managing staff and volunteers
– Fundraising and relations with funders and partners.
The candidate will show
– Experience in project management
– International experience working in the NGO field
– Fluency in English and Romanian, further languages an advantage.
Deadline for applications: 8th February
Anticipated start date: February 20th
Salary: based on experience and in line with Romanian average, circa € 1,200 – €1,600 pm gross
To apply send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com