You support European Alternatives and believe in its objectives and mission?
There are at the moment great opportunities to join our transnational experience and contribute to the success of TRANSEUROPA Festival 2013.
TRANSEUROPA Festival is the annual festival of arts, culture and politics taking place simultaneously in many European Cities every year. It is organised by volunteers all around Europe, supported by European Alternatives Team. This’ year the Festival will invite all participants to IMAGINE, DEMAND and ENACT an Alternative Europe.
We are offering three positions:
- Festival communication officer, foreseen as full time position, based in Paris, from July until Mid-November
- Festival coordination assistant, foreseen as full time position, based in Paris preferably , from July until Mid-November
- Festival Public Relations officer, part-time, free-lance, based in Europe, from September until Mid-November
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 8th of July for Festival Communication Officer and for Festival coordination assistant and before the 15th of July for Public Relations officer.
More detailed description of all positions available below.
Festival Coordination assistant
You will be responsible for coordinating the EA Local Groups and coordinating the programme of TRANSEUROPA Festival. You will be required to have strong project management skills.
The dates of the festival are 5th of October – 27th of October. A peak of workload is to be expected in this period.
Employment is offered for 5 months from July 1st until November 30.
You will be working under the lead of the festival coordinator. You will be working closely with the communication officer, the part time communication officer based in Rome and at the time of the festival with a part time public relations responsible.
You would be based in Paris (preferably) or Rome. This is foreseen as a full time position. Remuneration offered is 7500 euros NET (after-tax) for 5 months (freelance contract).
- Ensure regular contact with the local groups
- Support Local Groups in their setting up of the Festival programme
- Building partnerships with NGOs, cultural and artistic actors
- Follow existing partnership and provide regular updates to funders and partners
- Assist the Festival coordinator in all tasks required
- Follow expenditures
- Ensure logistics are on track
- Follow up logistics for the festival and festival preparation meetings (notably in Paris in September 2013)
- Similar experiences
- Capacity to work with volunteers
- Capacity to work with people located in offices abroad
- Flexibility of working times
- Fluency in English, good knowledge of other European languages (notably French, Italian, German) would be an asset
- Project management track record
Festival Communication officer
You will be responsible of defining and implementing the communication strategy around TRANSEUROPA Festival
The dates of the festival are 5th of October – 27th of October. You would be based in Paris (preferably) or Rome.
You will be working under the lead of the festival coordinator. You will be working closely with the part time communication officer based in Rome and at the time of the festival with a part time public relations responsible.
This is foreseen as a full time position, from July until End of November 2013. Remuneration offered is 7500 euros NET (after tax) for 5 months (freelance contract).
- Improve existing communication plan and implement the communication plan
- Overview and follow the production of the festival communication tools : programme, cities programme, catalogue
- Lead the work of the graphic designers about the festival communication
- Build Media partnerships at the European level for the festival
- Accompany the cities local group and ensure they receive all communication material on time for the festival
- Collect the relevant information from the festival cities local groups of volunteers
- Keep up to date the content on the Festival of European Alternatives website and of Transeuropa Festival website
- Ensure the regularity of communications on social media for Transeuropa Festival
- Keep up to date the contact list for the Festival using CiviCRM*
- Organise dissemination and information events and follow up local groups for the organisation of such events in their cities
- Write briefs and presentations for targeted audiences, communication to key targeted audiences
- Qualification and/or experience in communication
- Similar experiences of cultural events communications welcome
- Experience in working with other offices abroad would be an asset
- Fluent in English and French. Italian would be a strong asset. Other European languages would also be an asset
You will be responsible for press relations about the festival around the festival period. You will be working closely with the festival coordinator and communication responsible.
Your role will be to present the festival to the press, notably in Brussels and countries such as France, Italy and Germany. You will work preferably as a freelance for the equivalent of two days a week between September and November 15. Remuneration offered is calculated pro-rata based on agreed number of work-days with an indicative full-time equivalent of €1600 NET / month.
- Redaction of a press pack
- Overview the translation process of the press pack with EA offices
- Contacts the press to introduce the festival and arrange interviews with key invitees of the festival with the press and with European Alternatives Directors with the press
- Keep up to date a contacts database of the press
- Keep in touch with the press responsible in each European Alternatives Local Group and provide them with the relevant material to be in contact with the press
- Track and collect press clippings
- Write a report of press coverage
- Good knowledge of European media and press
- Good knowledge of the press
- Availability on the phone and good communication skills
- Languages: English, French, Italian. German would be an asset