European Alternatives is looking for an accounting and administration officer to work from its Rome office.
The candidate should be familiar with both the British and Italian accounting system and requirements.
The position covers a central aspect of the administrative and financial life of European Alternatives. We expect a motivated and skillfulladministrator capable of ensuring adherence to all financial and legal requirements for our associations, as well as accurate financial planning and management.
In particular, he or she would be asked to manage
- Profit and loss accounts;
- Overseeing payments to suppliers and employees.
- Adherence to fiscal, administrative and legal requirements for EA legal entities;
- Cashflow projection;
- Preparing end of the year accounts for external audit;
- VAT claims;
- Filing and reconciliation of receipts and expenses;
- Dealing with cash transactions and relations with banks;
- Liaising with all the fiscal, legal and labour consultants (especially as regards employment contracts, employees' working hours, and payslips);
- Managing research and reports concerning Occupational Health and Safety, Privacy and other national policies fulfilments (especially for the Italian legal entity);
He or she would also be required to liaise with all EA’s project managers to make sure that forecasted and real expenses match.
The candidate would need to be fluent in English and Italian and adhere to European Alternatives values and mission.
The position would be part time for a total of 24 hours a week. Specific hours and days can be negotiated.
Pay is based pro-rata on standard EA salary of €1.500 net / month for full-time equivalent