Project Management Internship, Berlin-Based
Working as part of our work area on Citizenship and Democracy, you would help organise a transeuropean activist camp and public conference in late October 2014 in Berlin. It integrates into the European-wide project, the Citizens Pact, engaging organisations, activists, and citizens groups in 14 different countries. Main tasks includes supporting the Project manager in the following areas: events organisation and logistics of the camp, budget management, logistics, administration, liaising with partners and stakeholders, press and communication work.
– Interest in European affairs, curiosity towards grass-roots movements, activists and organisations across Europe
– Interest and ideas towards organising a civil society gathering of about 60 or so activists including seminars, workshops and trainings.
– Fluency in spoken and written English necessary, German an asset, other European languages too
– Attention to detail
– Ability to multi-task and work well in a multi-cultural environment under tight deadlines
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Knowledge in website curation an asset (wordpress, HTML)
– Good IT skills
– Strong communication skills required (both online and offline), experience of using social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
– reliable and self-initiator
– experience in blogging or press-work an asset
– experience in political event organisation an asset
– Interest to work in a young organisations that you can help shape with your own ideas
The internship is based in Berlin and offers a monthly internship reimbursement of €600.
Starting date: End of August 2014 for 3 months (or longer if preferred)
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Management Intern” in the subject line. The deadline is August 1st. Please send us your CV and a cover letter no longer than one page.