Every year, European Alternatives organises its Open Assembly, a dynamic and lively gathering inspiring members, board and staff to continue working towards democracy, equality and culture beyond the nation-state and chart the strategic orientation and work program of European Alternatives for the year to come.
The last Open Assembly 2016 took place on August 27th, 2016 at the neue Gesellschaft für bildende Kunst (nGbK) in Berlin. You can watch again the livestream of the AGM or download the minutes of the event.
This year’s Assembly was open to all (members and general public) and aimed at:
- informing the participants on the latest developments, priorities, and strategy of European Alternatives;
- providing the opportunity for individual members and member organisations to vote on the accounts, meet the candidates for two new board positions, contribute with resolutions, and amendments to the strategic roadmap for 2017;
- allowing members that can’t be present to follow the General Assembly through livestream. All members are voting online on the strategic orientations and two new board members after the Assembly from Friday, September 2, at midnight, to Sunday, September 11, at midnight.
The Assembly was followed by the closing party of European Alternatives at the same location, open to all, and with an exciting program in the afternoon and in the evening.
09:30 – 10:00 Welcome with coffee and snacks
10:00 – 10:20 Introduction and report from the transnational board 2015
- Introduction and background of the AGM
- Presentation of the results of the Campus of European Alternatives
- Report from the transnational board 2015 – 2016: achievements
10:20 – 10:30 Presentation and discussion on the accounts
10:30 – 12:00 World Café and discussions on the work program of EA
12:00 – 12:15 Break
12:15 – 12:45 Board candidates
- Announcement of the elections for two new board positions
- Presentation of the candidates for the board of the candidates
12:45 – 13:00 Wrap-up